Among the new interpreters appearing on the film and television scene, the young Sydney Sweeney is undoubtedly one of the most promising. Already active for several years, but having become known only in more recent times, Sweeney has conquered everyone not only thanks to her incredible beauty, but also due to particularly important dramatic qualities, which make her an actress of great intensity and stature . Much can be expected from her and the world of Hollywood is finally starting to be aware of it.
Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Sydney Sweeney.
Sydney Sweeney: Her Movies and TV Series
1. She is known for some TV series. Among the first television roles of the actress are those carried out for some series roles such as Heroes (2009), criminal minds (2009), 90210 (2010), Grey’s Anatomy (2014) e pretty Little Liars (2017). She got more popularity after starring in the Netflix series Everything Sucks! (2018). Later she also starred in a few episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale (2018), with Elizabeth Mossand of sharp objects (2018), with Amy Adams. However, it is the series that made it particularly famous Euphoria (2019-ongoing), where he stars alongside Zendaya. In 2021 she then stars in the first season of The White Lotus, with Jennifer Coolidge.
2. He has acted in famous films. In addition to the TV series for which she is known, Sweeney has also acted in well-known films over the years such as The Ward – The ward (2010), Spiders 3D (2013), Never trust a stranger (2015), Vikings (2017), She’s not my daughter (2018), Under the Silver Lake (2018), with Andrew Garfield, Once upon a time… Hollywood (2019), by Quentin Tarantino, Nocturne (2021), The Voyeurs (2021), Night Teeth (2021) and Reality (2023).
Sydney Sweeney in Euphoria
3. They didn’t think she was ready for the role. In euphoria, the HBO series focused on the events of a group of teenagers in high school in search of themselves and their identity, Sweeney plays one of the most important roles, namely that of Cassie Howard, a particularly beautiful but sometimes naive girl, who tends to fall in love easily so as not to be alone. Initially, the producers didn’t believe Sweeney was ready for her role, but after seeing her full audition, they decided to cast her and believe in her. Critics and viewers then had no doubts: hers is one of the best interpretations of the series.
4. She was nervous but also proud of having to shoot some nude scenes. Throughout the series, Cassie is the protagonist of several nude scenes, through which her vulnerability emerges. In having to interpret them, Sweeney was particularly nervous but later she also stated that she felt proud to be part of a series that shows nudity in a way that is anything but glamorous, but rather simply as she is in reality. Shooting such scenes is now no longer a problem, as it was through them that she gained more confidence with her body.
Sydney Sweeney in Once upon a time in… Hollywood
5. He had a role in the movie. Among the many actors who took part in Once upon a time in… Hollywood, there is also Sweeney, who has however played a small role and not all of her fans have been able to locate her. Her character is referred to as “Snake” she is one of the members of the Manson family. She can be found both in the scene where Margaret Qualley asks for a ride to Brad Pitt, and in the one in which the latter goes to the ranch where the Manson family stays. On this occasion, Sweeney also delivers some jokes.
Sydney Sweeney in Night Teeth
6. She played a vampire. In the Netflix horror film Night Teeth, the actress plays the role of the vampire Eva, who works in cahoots with Grace, played by Megan Fox. The two, however, only appear in one scene, for which they only needed one day of shooting. A very brief appearance in the film, therefore, but which was enough to make this a highly appealing title among fans of the genre, who however would now like to see Sweeney again in the role of a vampire with a film entirely focused on her .
Sydney Sweeeny in a Marvel movie
7. He will star in an anticipated Marvel movie. It has been known for some time now that the actress will star in an upcoming Sony film based on a well-known Marvel character. The film in question is Madame Web, sixth film of Sony’s Spider-Man Universe (SSU), whose protagonist is precisely Madame Web, a clairvoyant mutant. This character will be played by Dakota Johnson, while Sweeney will have a secondary but very important role. The arrival in theaters for this feature film is set for February 16, 2024.
Does Sydney Sweeney have a boyfriend?
8. She is very private. On several occasions, the actress has said that she is not interested in dating colleagues or show business personalities, preferring instead to have a partner who is alien to this environment and with whom she can therefore live a normal life away from the spotlight of celebrities. True to this statement, Sweeney has been in a committed relationship since 2018 with Jonathan Davinobelonging to the catering sector. It is not known how the two met, but it is certain that keeping their sentimental history private, with only a few public appearances as a couple, is doing them good. Furthermore, according to some sources, from February 2022 the two would be officially engaged.
Sydney Sweeney is on Instagram
9. It is present on the social network. The actress is present on the social network Instagram, with her own verified profile followed by 14.5 million people and where more than 300 posts can currently be found. These are mainly images relating to her work as an actress and model, inherent behind the scenes of such projects or promotional towards them. But there are also curiosities, moments of leisure, events in which she has taken part and other situations. By following it, you can therefore stay up to date on all its news
Sydney Sweeney: age and height of the actress
10. Sydney Sweeney was born on September 12, 1997 in Spokane, Washington, USA. The actress is 1.61 meters tall overall.
Sources: IMDb, Instagram, People